Map Thread XXII

Part of an ongoing post-apocalyptic worldbuilding project, one that I may just make a full-fledged thread out of at some point. The map depicts Iberia about 110 years after the nukes blew up the world. Feel free to offer suggestion, critiques on the map and graphic styles. I like this better than the High Plains map I did a few weeks ago. Will see if I continue with it.

For a brief background on the map itself. The world broke apart into a Second Cold War in the 20s, and intensive near-global nuclear proliferation resulted in waaay to many nukes around. In comes the 50s, tensions get hot, then hotter and boom the war last around 24 hours. The sheer scale of the fusion bombs at work disrupts reality in certain areas, the so called Maelstroms (mostly over major population centers), and combined with bioagents various mutations destroy the global ecosystem and turn most fauna into nightmare fuel that the new civilizations and state-actors of the world have to overcome.

Enjoy!

https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...st-apocalyptic-world-building-project.553645/

Iberia-Final.png

Last edited:
Rhodes was officially Turkish land that had remained under Italian occupation in order to avoid a Greek invasion when the Turkish navy was weak in the past. It would be seen as quite a slap in the face for the Austrians to try to give the land to the Greeks. It would also tempt fate, considering the amount of Turks in Dobruja or how the Sultan/Caliph might make a few comments to the Albanians, Bosnians, and Pomaks to have them be less than amiable o their overlords. Something both the Entente and Central Powers were quite concerned with, probably better just to give the Ottomans some of the many islands directly off their coast that they never stopped claiming until they became a Republic.
I didn't actually know that, I thought they had been annexed by Italy in the Italo-Turkish War.

Part of an ongoing post-apocalyptic worldbuilding project, one that I may just make a full-fledged thread out of at some point. The map depicts Iberia about 110 years after the nukes blew up the world. Feel free to offer suggestion, critiques on the map and graphic styles. I like this better than the High Plains map I did a few weeks ago. Will see if I continue with it.

For a brief background on the map itself. The world broke apart into a Second Cold War in the 20s, and intensive near-global nuclear proliferation resulted in waaay to many nukes around. In comes the 50s, tensions get hot, then hotter and boom the war last around 24 hours. The sheer scale of the fusion bombs at work disrupts reality in certain areas, the so called Maelstroms (mostly over major population centers), and combined with bioagents various mutations destroy the global ecosystem and turn most fauna into nightmare fuel that the new civilizations and state-actors of the world have to overcome.

Enjoy!

https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...st-apocalyptic-world-building-project.553645/

Iberia-Final.png
Does The Rock have any connections to the British mainland?