The Prince of the Roses - A Tudor TL

Apparently, James was going to marry Mary of Bourbon, then saw Madeleine and basically became Emperor Kuzco and declared that Madeleine was the "hotty hot hotty" and wanted her instead. So if Madeline is not there at the time, Mary of Bourbon it will be.
James was never so convinced to marry Mary and wanted Madeleine. He had almost accepted the Bourbon match when he meet Madeleine and they basically fell in love… Because Francis I would not have consented to the match if marrying James had not been also an explicit wish of his most beloved Madeleine

Apparently, James was going to marry Mary of Bourbon, then saw Madeleine and basically became Emperor Kuzco and declared that Madeleine was the "hotty hot hotty" and wanted her instead. So if Madeline is not there at the time, Mary of Bourbon it will be.
Yes and I don't want her to die at the age of 17 in Scotland in this story, so perhaps she will marry someone else och just stay in her cozy Loire Valley.

James was never so convinced to marry Mary and wanted Madeleine. He had almost accepted the Bourbon match when he meet Madeleine and they basically fell in love… Because Francis I would not have consented to the match if marrying James had not been also an explicit wish of his most beloved Madeleine
So keeping Madeleine out of James sight might help with him wedding either Mary or Isabella of Navarre. Are there any other matches for Madeleine? Perhaps the Low Countries or England?

So keeping Madeleine out of James sight might help with him wedding either Mary or Isabella of Navarre.
Maybe.
Are there any other matches for Madeleine? Perhaps the Low Countries or England?
No. The reason for which Francis I was against marrying Madeleine to James was who she was frail and he feared who the harsher climate would kill her so Madeleine most likely will NOT marry at all.

I do love playing around with matches after all.

Perhaps that will be better for her in the long run. She might join a nunnery after a while.
She could remain at the French Court unmarried. And in any case she was NOT killed by the Scottish climate (to which she could very well survive) but by tubercolosis who she had contracted in France, before meeting James and who would most likely kill her also if she continued to live in France

She could remain at the French Court unmarried. And in any case she was NOT killed by the Scottish climate (to which she could very well survive) but by tubercolosis who she had contracted in France, before meeting James and who would most likely kill her also if she continued to live in France
Oh dear. Poor girl had doomed written all over her before she even got to Scotland. I better give Francis a few daughters by his second wife. At this point only one of Claude's girls will be standing.

Oh dear. Poor girl had doomed written all over her before she even got to Scotland. I better give Francis a few daughters by his second wife. At this point only one of Claude's girls will be standing.
Yes, or you can butterfly Madeleine’s tuberculosis and let her live happily with James

TBH, Madeleine needs to go to a mountain castle as fresh, cool, clean air was believed to work wonders for people - its why Sanitoriums were in the mountains, after all.

Yes, or you can butterfly Madeleine’s tuberculosis and let her live happily with James
Or just Butterfly the TB and have her marry someone else. It's all up to you...
I did write that she was frail already, but I haven't gotten to the TB yet so who knows. But her sisters, Margaret and Anne are doing better. I completely forgot about Anne! Either two can make brides for James as well.
TBH, Madeleine needs to go to a mountain castle as fresh, cool, clean air was believed to work wonders for people - its why Sanitoriums were in the mountains, after all.
*googles mountain castles in France*

Thanks. But also if Madeleine doesn't fall ill with tuberculosis, then François of Lorraine can be a good option for her. They are a French aligned duchy and the climate should be good.
The only issue is that Lorraine has "a continental climate renowned for being quite tough during the winter months but hot during the summertime. The Lorraine French region weather and climate are quite similar with the Alsace's one which is its neighbour. Thus winters can be quite long, cold and snowy", so Madeleine would struggle during the winter months.
Realistically, she needs a marriage to somewhere that gets no snow at all and is super warm and hot 99.9999999999% of the time..

The only issue is that Lorraine has "a continental climate renowned for being quite tough during the winter months but hot during the summertime. The Lorraine French region weather and climate are quite similar with the Alsace's one which is its neighbour. Thus winters can be quite long, cold and snowy", so Madeleine would struggle during the winter months.
Realistically, she needs a marriage to somewhere that gets no snow at all and is super warm and hot 99.9999999999% of the time..
I swear I'm sending her to Spain soon. She would be a good match for Prince Juan.

Last edited: