TL-191: After the End

I'm surprised the US government actually tolerated a state in the union not acknowledging the CSA's crimes here. I figured something like that would've had Washington withhold state and/or federal funding for Mississippi until they change their tune.

In this specific case it was the city government of Jackson, not the state government of Mississippi. Unfortunately there were a number of city and state governments in the Midsouth to officially acknowledge the crimes of the Destruction.

In our timeline, Southern states (like Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, and even Arkansas) are growing and gaining numbers. Does the South in this timeline experience something similar?

By 2024, most of the Midsouth, a region that includes the former CSA excluding Cuba, Texas, Sonora, and Chihuahua, has not experienced the same levels of economic growth that the US South from our world experienced after the Second World War. While some areas of the Midsouth became wealthier than others after the end of the Second Great War, the region did not recover demographically or economically from its disastrous early 20th Century.

If I have understand correctly every Confederate memorial and statue were destroyed. That is really logical surely. Did Americans too destroy all graves of Confederate Founding Fathers like Jefferson Davis' or Robert E. Lee's graves

After the end of the Second Great War, the US authorities demolished all monuments that had been constructed at the grave sites of the early Confederate leaders.

When did confederate POWs were allowed to be released and how many did got released by US authorities?

After the end of the Second Great War, most former Confederate POWs were ultimately allowed to return to their homes, either in the US Midsouth or the Republic of Texas.

The POWs who were discovered to have been involved in war crimes of crimes related to the Destruction were not released.

After the end of the Second Great War, most former Confederate POWs were ultimately allowed to return to their homes, either in the US Midsouth or the Republic of Texas.

The POWs who were discovered to have been involved in war crimes of crimes related to the Destruction were not released.
What year did the Confederate troops were allowed to return to their homes?