Me too. Juan could marry catherine of navarre and get navarre into the union of castile and aragon as well...
My only problem with this is that I'm not sure if Juan - if he does survive - could get Catherine. I'll probably have the civil war that ensues with Francis Phoebus's death still happen, and then Madeleine of Valois is always going to pick a French husband - i.e. John of Albret - over a Spanish one. I know there were plans for Juan to marry Edward IV's daughter Katherine OTL, with an agreement being made in 1479 and ambassadors being sent to Spain to get the details sorted in 1482, and obviously Juan did marry Margaret of Austria just before he died. So a daughter of either Edward IV or Maximilian seems to me to be the most likely match for any surviving Juan (again, if that happens...). I'm not against a Catherine of Navarre marriage either, per se - I'm just not sure if it would be likely.

What's going on in the rest of europe?
As for that, I have many plans. The next chapter will either be about Hungary or Italy, and I'll decide which one to post when it comes to it. The Hungary chapter is finished, and the Italy chapter just needs some final touches.

Last edited:
My only problem with this is that I'm not sure if Juan - if he does survive - could get Catherine. I'll probably have the civil war that ensues with Francis Phoebus's death still happen, and then Madeleine of Valois is always going to pick a French husband - i.e. John of Albret - over a Spanish one. I know there were plans for Juan to marry Edward IV's daughter Katherine OTL, with an agreement being made in 1479 and ambassadors being sent to Spain to get the details sorted in 1482, and obviously Juan did marry Margaret of Austria just before he died. So a daughter of either Edward IV or Maximilian seems to me to be the most likely match for any surviving Juan (again, if that happens...). I'm not against a Catherine of Navarre marriage either, per se - I'm just not sure if it would be likely.
Fair, do you think that means that francis phoebus would also have married a french bride, if he had lived longer?
As for that, I have many plans. The next chapter will either be about Hungary or Italy, and I'll decide which one to post when it comes to it. The Hungary chapter is finished, and the Italy chapter just needs some final touches.
Sounds awesome, cant wait

Catherine of Navarre is simply too old for making a match between her and OTL John viable. If Isabella’s 1475 son lived this other Juan would have more chances to be accepted as Catherine’s husband being only seven years younger than her.

Catherine of Navarre is simply too old for making a match between her and OTL John viable. If Isabella’s 1475 son lived this other Juan would have more chances to be accepted as Catherine’s husband being only seven years younger than her.
This! Hope the 1475 son lives and becomes juan, plus getting catherine

True. So we're agreed, no 1478 son marrying Catherine of Navarre.
Cool, didnt know that. @Zestinobambino in that case can francis live longer and marry la Beltraneja?
To be fair, I hadn't really considered that as an option. I do like the idea, though.

Last edited:
Cool, didnt know that. @Zestinobambino in that case can francis live longer and marry la Beltraneja?
True. So we're agreed, no 1478 son marrying Catherine of Navarre.
yes, he is too young for her
To be fair, I hadn't really considered that as an option. I do like the idea, though.
I will say that: the only way in which you could have a surviving Francis Phoebus is if he never think to marry la Beltraneja