Anne, Duchess and Queen - an Anne of Brittany TL

I like it! If Henry VII marry for her, I hope prince Henry to has a good relationship with Anne.
They would have no reason for having a bad relationship.

If Thomas is his usually charming self, Mary or Anne Boleyn might end up in Anne’s court. Or as companions of a daughter of Anne of Brittany and Henry VII.
I love the latter idea!
Elizabeth Howard Boleyn would surely get a place among Anne‘s English ladies. Mary Boleyn is currently already six years old, while Anne is not yet born as we are around the end of 1505 (and she is born in 1507 for me so that is her birth year in my stories, excluding Destiny where I needed an older Anne) so she could end as companion to an eventual future English princess

Elizabeth Howard Boleyn would surely get a place among Anne‘s English ladies. Mary Boleyn is currently already six years old, while Anne is not yet born as we are around the end of 1505 (and she is born in 1507 for me so that is her birth year in my stories, excluding Destiny where I needed an older Anne) so she could end as companion to an eventual future English princess

I wonder if Thomas Boleyn makes a good impression and Elizabeth becomes a friend, if the Boleyns will be able to inherit the Earldom smoothly TTL.

Not really. Sablé was likely surpassed by Anne's own marriage contracts and in any case the King of France would have no power to dictate Anne’s marriage but only that of her heiress.
No power doesn't mean there isn't any interest. No one in France would willingly accept such a match. French troops in the Duchy will remain a major thorn and have to be dealt with, along with the towns they hold. That alone puts Anne in a slippery situation.

No power doesn't mean there isn't any interest. No one in France would willingly accept such a match.
Louise is quite secure who Anne will not birth more children at the moment and she care only to keep Claude.
French troops in the Duchy will remain a major thorn and have to be dealt with, along with the towns they hold. That alone puts Anne in a slippery situation.
French troops have left the Duchy for many reasons…

Part 1
Anne could feel only relief once the consummation of her fourth wedding, just after its celebration, secured its validity and gave her the security who France could not do anything for annulling this wedding, unlike they had done with her first one, to Emperor Maximilian, condemning her to the continue cycle of pregnancies, stillbirths and early deaths who had been her two French marriages. She had not yet the time to make a clear idea of her new husband, but theirs was a political marriage for both of them, as she knew who Henry VII, who had been once a protege of her own father, was still mourning his beloved first wife and she would not begrudge him that: what mattered most now was the fact who they had married, everything else, including building over the foundations of their marriage could wait and would require time and work. Her beloved Brittany was free from French control, as all the French troops had left her Duchy after Louis’ death, and Henry had already a legitimate son, who was the heir of England, meaning who their future children would inherit only her lands and she had still almost a decade for trying to birth the Count of Montfort who Brittany needed for securing its independence.
The negotiations with the English envoys had been quick and easy and her new marriage contract guaranteed who Brittany would always remain independent from England and Anne had been surprised when the English King had arrived with few companions, just days after the end of the negotiations, like he had been ready to depart for Brittany and marry her as soon was possible. Anne knew who most likely Henry, like her, simply wanted put the French regent in front of the fait accompli before the hated Louise had any idea about their intentions, and who her new husband’s interest was more for her lands than for herself but that do not meant who she was not flattered by his premure and that gave her hopes for the future.
Anne knew who the French regent would not be the only one to be angry at the news of her remarriage, as Henry VII had not been her only suitor as Ferdinand II of Aragon’s envoy had make clear his master’s interest in a match to her, something who was not a surprise as the Aragonese King was clearly searching a second wife since shortly after the death of Isabella of Castile and before Louis‘ death had been in quite advanced negotiations for a marriage with Louis’ niece, the seventeen years old Germaine of Foix, and she suspected who Louise would soon offer to Ferdinand her own daughter, Marguerite, barely fourteen years old, once she understood who Henry VII was not interested in a match between her daughter and the Prince of Wales.

Last edited:
She had not yet the time to make a clear idea of her new husband, but theirs was a political marriage for both of them, as she knew who Henry VII, who had been once a protege of her own father, was still mourning his beloved first wife and she would not begrudge him that: what mattered most now was the fact who they had married, everything else, including building over the foundations of their marriage could wait and would require time and work. Her beloved Brittany was free from French control, as all the French troops had left her Duchy after Louis’ death, and Henry had already a legitimate son, who was the heir of England, meaning who their future children would inherit only her lands and she had still almost a decade for trying to birth the Count of Montfort who Brittany needed for securing its independence.
Since they both grew up in Brittany, that could be a something Anne and Henry bond over. Can't wait to see the Breton Tudors!

Anne knew who the French regent would not be the only one to be angry at the news of her remarriage, as Henry VII had not been her only suitor as Ferdinand II of Aragon’s envoy had make clear his master’s interest in a match to her, something who was not a surprise as the Aragonese King was clearly searching a second wife since shortly after the death of Isabella of Castile and before Louis‘ death had been in quite advanced negotiations for a marriage with Louis’ niece, the seventeen years old Germaine of Foix, and she suspected who Louise would soon offer to Ferdinand her own daughter, Marguerite, only thirteen years old, once she understood who Henry VII was not interested in a match between her daughter and the Prince of Wales.
Since the POD is before Henry VIII and Catherine married, I wonder if it will be butterflied.

Did you ever end up creating a chat for this TL and if so could I get in on it?

Since they both grew up in Brittany, that could be a something Anne and Henry bond over. Can't wait to see the Breton Tudors!
Yes, pretty likely.
Since the POD is before Henry VIII and Catherine married, I wonder if it will be butterflied.
You will see
Did you ever end up creating a chat for this TL and if so could I get in on it?
Not yet, but I have already signed your interest.

Marguerite as possible Queen of Aragon? Hmm, Ferdinand would probably ask a lot for her dowry though.
Not likely, as he is the one who want a bride. Plus she would likely bring him her family’s rights over Naples as Germaine had done in OTL (but she has no claim on Navarre). Marguerite will doubtless have a dowry worth of a Fille of France as that is her rank now as only sister of Francis I