As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Hey can you shine a spotlight on the jet set radio series that just debuted on Saturday mornings? I read a few an fanfic about that once but it was just the plot of sonic satam with the jsr cast in place of the freedom fighters.

Hey can you shine a spotlight on the jet set radio series that just debuted on Saturday mornings? I read a few an fanfic about that once but it was just the plot of sonic satam with the jsr cast in place of the freedom fighters.
Mostly it's a straightforward adaptation of the game franchise.

The 2006-07 Saturday Morning Schedule

ABC (Nick on ABC)

Preview show hosted by Matthew Lillard as the voice of Shaggy
8:00 The Suite Life with Zack and Cody (Touchstone Television) [Live action]
8:30 Class of 3000 (Hanna-Barbera)
9:00 Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue! (Hanna-Barbera)

9:30 Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Hanna-Barbera)
10:00 Ben 10 (Hanna-Barbera)
10:30 Wacky Races Forever (Hanna-Barbera)
11:00 Hannah Montana (Touchstone Television) [Live action]
11:30 The Life and Times of Juniper Lee (Hanna-Barbera)
12:00 Ed, Edd n Eddy (AKA Cartoon)
12:30 My Gym Partner's A Monkey (Hanna-Barbera)

CBS (All programming distributed by Columbia-TriStar Television)
8:00 Being Ian (Nelvana)
8:30 Class of the Titans (Nelvana)
9:00 Ruby Gloom (Nelvana)
9:30 Di-Gata Defenders (Nelvana)
10:00 Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters (Nelvana)
10:30 Legion of Superheroes (Screen Gems)

11:00 Krypto the Supderdog (Screen Gems)
11:30 Viva Pinata (Nelvana)
12:00 Teen Titans (Screen Gems)
12:30 Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi (Nelvana)

NBC (Nothin' But Cool)
8:00 Curious George (Universal)

8:30 Lazytown (RKO) [Live action]
9:00 Peppa Pig (RKO)
9:30 Big Nate (RKO) [New episodes for the 15th anniversary of the original newspaper comic and TV series]
10:00 Woody Woodpecker (Universal) [Reboot]
10:30 Grossology (Lionsgate)

11:00 Atomic Betty (RKO)
11:30 6teen (RKO)
12:00 One Piece (Lionsgate)
12:30 Cyberchase (RKO)

SBC
8:00 What's with Andy? (CineGroupe; New Line Cinema)
8:30 Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive (New Line Cinema) [Live action]
9:00 WITCH (New Line Cinema)
9:30 Winx Club (DiC; New Line Cinema)
10:00 Zatch Bell (English dub produced by New Line Cinema)
10:30 Jackie Chan Adventures (DiC; Golden Harvest/New Line Cinema)
11:00 Squirrel Boy (New Line Cinema)
11:30 Chaotic (New Line Cinema)
12:00 Cake (New Line Cinema) [Live action]

12:30 Samurai Pizza Cats (New Line Cinema) [Reruns]

Fox
(Most Fox programming produced by Walt Disney Television Animation or 20th Century-Fox Animation, the latter formerly known as Grantray-Lawrence)
Preview show hosted by Haley Joel Osment as the voice of Sora
8:00 The Replacements

8:30 Kim Possible
9:00 The Emperor's New School
9:30 Kingdom Hearts: The Series
10:00 Naruto (English Dub produced by 20th Television)
10:30 Sgt. Frog (English Dub produced by 20th Television)
11:00 Hikaru No Go (English Dub produced by 20th Television)

11:30 The Backstreet Project [Reruns]
12:00 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2002 Series)
12:30 Casper and Molly McGee

UPN
8:00 Arthur (Paramount)
8:30 The Story of Tracy Beaker (Paramount) [Live action]
9:00 Maya and Miguel (Paramount)
9:30 Crazy Taxi (Paramount)
10:00 Sonic X (Paramount)
10:30 He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Paramount; Mattel) [A new reboot as part of Paramount's new partnership with Mattel]
11:00 Tom and Jerry Tales (Ruby-Spears; United Artists)
11:30 Jet Set Radio (Paramount)
12:00 Jacob Two-Two (Paramount)

12:30 The Zeta Project (Paramount) [Reruns]

New shows in BOLD.

Let me know which series you're looking forward to this year.
Way to add my Woody reboot!

So Ghost and Molly McGee is a Casper series in this timeline?

CBS’s flow is a little wonky

Way to add my Woody reboot!

So Ghost and Molly McGee is a Casper series in this timeline?

CBS’s flow is a little wonky
That's right. Molly McGee is both a Casper series and a Disney-Fox dual-branded series.

The thing with CBS's lineups ITTL is that I've had difficulty finding the right balance of Hasbro, Nintendo and DC. How would you shuffle the deck to make it more cohesive?

The thing with CBS's lineups ITTL is that I've had difficulty finding the right balance of Hasbro, Nintendo and DC. How would you shuffle the deck to make it more cohesive?
Maybe starting in 2007, we can have it like one hour is dedicated to Hasbro, another hour to Nintendo, another hour to DC, a fourth hour to Nelvana, and the fifth hour can just be whatever. Wouldn't even need to be in a specific order, just give the four templates of CBS Saturday Mornings some equal footing at minimum, with the spare hour being a mixed bag between the four.

At least, that's my take on it, since the 2006 lineup is already said and done.

I was talking “wonky” in terms of schedule flow. Here’s how I’d do it:

8 AM: Ruby Gloom
8:30 AM: Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi
9 AM: Viva Pinata
9:30 AM: Being Ian
10 AM: Krypto the Superdog
10:30 AM: Legion of Superheroes
11 AM: Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters
11:30 AM: Teen Titans
12 PM: Di-Gaga Defenders
12:30 PM: Class of the Titans

Entertainment News for Late September 2006
Entertainment News for Late September 2006

According to the Nielsen ratings, the New Orleans Saints' return to the Superdome on ABC's Monday Night Football put all other networks to shame on September 25. The only other game to rate as highly so far this NFL season was the overtime quarterback duel between Tom Brady's Las Vegas Raiders and Kurt Warner's Arizona Cardinals, which aired on September 7 on Fox.
- Variety

With King Features partnering with Peacock and Turner for the long-term, there is growing pressure on both Disney and CBS to stick together on the DCMCU [1] which launched with Batman/TMNT last Christmas. Installments originally slated for animation could instead switch to live action should the Peacock/Turner co-production of Popeye prove successful on its May 2008 release.
- Wizard

[1] DCMCU stands for DC + Marvel Crossover Universe

Fox's Kingdom Hearts and ABC's Hannah Montana tied for first place in this season's Saturday Morning race. Tied for third are Arthur, the American version of BBC's Tracy Beaker and the He-Man revival, each on UPN, along with NBC's Big Nate revival.
- TV Guide

After a few false starts, New Line and Paramount could each collaborate on a Friday the 13th remake slated for either 2008 or '09. In 1990, New Line had acquired the Jason Voorhees franchise from Paramount after the first eight installments.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Lionsgate, Peacock, Paramount, Henson and CBS each place bids for the North American rights to the Smurfs, which reverted back to the estate of Pierre Culliford five years after the Hanna-Barbera series ended production.
- G4's Attack of the Show

The Sports Page
Bob Ley on ESPN's Outside the Lines:
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch leaked several registrations with the US Patent and Trademark Office on possible new rebrands for the lame duck Jacksonville Jaguars, who intend to move to St. Louis for the 2007 season.
Among the possible nicknames
St. Louis Explorers: A reference to Lewis and Clark.
St. Louis Gatekeepers: New owner Stan Kroenke's preferred choice of "Archers" was already trademarked by St. Louis Community College.
St. Louis Gunners: A tribute to a short-lived NFL team from the 1930's.
St. Louis Showboats: ITTL, Memphis's USFL/WLAF team is instead called the Pharaohs.
St. Louis Sorcerers: A loose reference to Disney's presence in the area with the newly rebuilt Riverfront Square.

Just as a heads up, the TV partners for the next few Super Bowls are as follows:
XXXI (2007; Joe Robbie Stadium with renovations): CBS
XXXII (2008; Circle K Dome in Phoenix): SBC
XXXIII (2009; Bally Dome in Las Vegas): Fox
XXXIV (2010; Jack in the Box Stadium in San Diego): ABC

SBC will carry the 2008 Super Bowl, which gives me a good excuse to save this bumper from butterflies. New Line will debut The Sarah Connor Chronicles as the lead out after the 2008 Super Bowl.

ITTL, this could be a way SBC can throw shade at Fox. Or instead, New Line might decide to reboot the original Power Rangers to compete with Peacock and King Features' long-term partnership and have the Megazord fight the T-800 endoskeletons?

According to the Nielsen ratings, the New Orleans Saints' return to the Superdome on ABC's Monday Night Football put all other networks to shame on September 25. The only other game to rate as highly so far this NFL season was the overtime quarterback duel between Tom Brady's Las Vegas Raiders and Kurt Warner's Arizona Cardinals, which aired on September 7 on Fox.
- Variety
Given Hurricane Katrina, this bit of news is perfect for the Saints.
With King Features partnering with Peacock and Turner for the long-term, there is growing pressure on both Disney and CBS to stick together on the DCMCU [1] which launched with Batman/TMNT last Christmas. Installments originally slated for animation could instead switch to live action should the Peacock/Turner co-production of Popeye prove successful on its May 2008 release.
- Wizard

[1] DCMCU stands for DC + Marvel Crossover Universe
While this may butterfly the MCU as we know it IOTL, this could also make DC Comics more well-known at the same time, so it's an equal result.
Fox's Kingdom Hearts and ABC's Hannah Montana tied for first place in this season's Saturday Morning race. Tied for third are Arthur, the American version of BBC's Tracy Beaker and the He-Man revival, each on UPN, along with NBC's Big Nate revival.
- TV Guide
I consider this a win for Kingdom Hearts, especially with it airing alongside three big anime dubs from Fox AND with KH2 having a Urusei Yatsura-based world in it.

Meanwhile, I like that UPN has the most victories this year, which they kind of needed as far as television is concerned around this time.
After a few false starts, New Line and Paramount could each collaborate on a Friday the 13th remake slated for either 2008 or '09. In 1990, New Line had acquired the Jason Voorhees franchise from Paramount after the first eight installments.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Yes. Just yes.
Lionsgate, Peacock, Paramount, Henson and CBS each place bids for the North American rights to the Smurfs, which reverted back to the estate of Pierre Culliford five years after the Hanna-Barbera series ended production.
- G4's Attack of the Show
I'd give it to Henson, who owns the HB adaptation outright.
The Sports Page
Bob Ley on ESPN's Outside the Lines:
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch leaked several registrations with the US Patent and Trademark Office on possible new rebrands for the lame duck Jacksonville Jaguars, who intend to move to St. Louis for the 2007 season.
Among the possible nicknames
St. Louis Explorers: A reference to Lewis and Clark.
St. Louis Gatekeepers: New owner Stan Kroenke's preferred choice of "Archers" was already trademarked by St. Louis Community College.
St. Louis Gunners: A tribute to a short-lived NFL team from the 1930's.
St. Louis Showboats: ITTL, Memphis's USFL/WLAF team is instead called the Pharaohs.
St. Louis Sorcerers: A loose reference to Disney's presence in the area with the newly rebuilt Riverfront Square.
I knew I was going to vote for the St. Louis Sorcerers as soon as I read why it's up there. Plus, it's a new alliteration to replace the old one.