As Dreamers Do Part Deux

WLAF Logos as of 2008 (Pacific Conference)
WLAF Logos as of 2008
Pacific Conference

Frontier Division​
7581693617eb97bf488ad56d1f142b40.png
Luchador-Brewing-Mask_edited.png
1501.gif
To3Gxquqet8rB5LT
san-antonio-riders-logo-png-transparent.png
Arizona Wranglers​
Mexico City Luchadores​
Oklahoma Outlaws​
Rocky Mountain Extreme​
San Antonio Texans​

Coastal Division​
5625.gif
7TNU2kx.png
Breakers-mark.png
attachment.php
Orca-Logo-Design-2.jpg
Los Angeles Avengers​
Oakland Condors​
Portland Breakers​
Spokane Steelheads​
Vancouver Orcas​

Any questions, comments, etc before we get to the Christmas 2008 movies?

Big Bugman (Luxor) will be the headliner for this year's Xmas Day slate at the multiplex.

Big Bugman (Luxor) will be the headliner for this year's Xmas Day slate at the multiplex.
Does the 2008 Clone Wars TV show still exist?
Probably does, but on Toon Disney or Disney Channel instead.

Will we get a "State of Animation" post?

We haven't gotten one since before we started this:

Will you be using an edited verison of my poltline for bigbugman. I still think you don't need to buttefly marolon brandon role in the film. His role in the film had only 3 scen and all his line were record in one day. You gave brando two extra years years. That means means brando could have an extra scean or two and still have time to record his line. I like the idea of the film being dedicated to brando. Also I just at the bigbugman wiki page. Micheal Madsen had an undisclosed role in the film. He should either be the crpurpt candy company ceo Nicloas dundernick or niclosas assaisnt perkatin who is sceratly the supervill blue orger.

Oh, and how is the Canadian entertainment industry doing?
The main candain enterment compnay mentioned in this timeline is lionsgate. I don't know if they move thier headquaters to sanata monic by 2007. Oldnavy also mentions that candain media company Alliance Atlantis is allso up sell but he did know who will buy. I hope to keep it candain thus I woould sell it to Corus Entertainment shaw media roger commutions Thunderbrid enterment Quebecor bell media astra media or canwets (they went bankrupt in 2010 otl) My top three Are Corus , Thunderbird and Bell. Notiable Candain film stuidos oldnavy hasn't mention are Hamilton-Mehta Productions Pope Productions and phase four films

State of Animation as of December 2008 Part One
@Otakuninja2006
CTV and Global have outshined CBC in the primetime ratings so far.

PEACOCK

DreamWorks SKG is on a roll with Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. Big Nate '06 has been renewed through 2011. On USACX, The Penguins of Madagascar have made their cable debut while Tales from the Neighborhood has been renewed through 2012.

CBS DISCOVERY
Just when Columbia-Tristar Animation was on a roll with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, showrunner Blanche Boudreaux could be pursuing greener pastures after her passion project Silent X was hampered by poor marketing.

TBS+PARAMOUNT
Paramount caught lightning in a bottle when Reese Witherspoon agreed to reprise her role as Elle Woods for the Tom and Jerry/Legally Blonde crossover. Early concept art for the Tom and Jerry/Grease crossover reveal Red Hot Riding Hood joining the Pink Ladies. Release dates for these crossovers and more have yet to be finalized.

WARNER BROS.
Warner Bros. has finally regained the rights to the Pre-1948 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies from TBS+Paramount as part of a long term plan to reintroduce their iconic characters for a new generation.

LIONSGATE
Lionsgate is now on equal footing with Fox, Touchstone and New Line as a major player in English anime dubs.

NEW LINE CINEMA
New Line has settled on a 2010 release date for a proposed live action/CGI adaptation of Goosebumps with Chris Rock attached to provide the voice of Slappy. Also in the works, for a 2011 release, is a Macbeth parody featuring the characters of the Andy Larkin franchise.

LUXOR
The Garfield Show is still on track for a Fall 2009 debut. In live action, Shezow 3 will reach theatres in 2012 with Christopher Nolan returning to direct and the Wachowskis returning to write the script. In animation, Shezow will return to The Hub with a new series in June of 2013.

PEACOCK
DreamWorks SKG is on a roll with Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. Big Nate '06 has been renewed through 2011. On USACX, The Penguins of Madagascar have made their cable debut while Tales from the Neighborhood has been renewed through 2012.
Ah, so they're firing on all cylinders.
CBS DISCOVERY
Just when Columbia-Tristar Animation was on a roll with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, showrunner Blanche Boudreaux could be pursuing greener pastures after her passion project Silent X was hampered by poor marketing.
I can see why she would, as who wouldn't want to enact animated vengeance on a worse version of John K.? Maybe Lauren Faust can take over for her?
TBS+PARAMOUNT
Paramount caught lightning in a bottle when Reese Witherspoon agreed to reprise her role as Elle Woods for the Tom and Jerry/Legally Blonde crossover. Early concept art for the Tom and Jerry/Grease crossover reveal Red Hot Riding Hood joining the Pink Ladies. Release dates for these crossovers and more have yet to be finalized.
That is a surprise about Reese Witherspoon, but Red Hot Riding Hood joining the Pink Ladies just works very well.
WARNER BROS.
Warner Bros. has finally regained the rights to the Pre-1948 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies from TBS+Paramount as part of a long term plan to reintroduce their iconic characters for a new generation.
Hell yes!
LIONSGATE
Lionsgate is now on equal footing with Fox, Touchstone and New Line as a major player in English anime dubs.
Never thought that would happen.
NEW LINE CINEMA
New Line has settled on a 2010 release date for a proposed live action/CGI adaptation of Goosebumps with Chris Rock attached to provide the voice of Slappy. Also in the works, for a 2011 release, is a Macbeth parody featuring the characters of the Andy Larkin franchise.
Both of these are good, but I am surprised that the Andy Larkin franchise is going Shakespearean.
LUXOR
The Garfield Show is still on track for a Fall 2009 debut. In live action, Shezow 3 will reach theatres in 2012 with Christopher Nolan returning to direct and the Wachowskis returning to write the script. In animation, Shezow will return to The Hub with a new series in June of 2013.
Pretty good all around.

State of Animation as of December 2008 Part Two

HENSON ANIMATION (HA!)

Look for Sym-Bionic Titan and Adventure Time on Nickelodeon and ABC in 2010.
Also in 2010, new shorts featuring Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear and Quick Draw McGraw will join the Bozo revival.

DISNEY
The Disney Channel

In order to compete with Nickelodeon's Hannah Montana and the upcoming Gidget revival coming to Oaxis, five new live action series will launch on The Disney Channel in 2009. IOTL, these series made up the initial wave of the CN Real lineup. The Othersiders, BrainRush, Destroy Build Destroy and Dude, What Would Happen and Bobb'e Says.

20th Century-Fox
The Clone Wars animated series now airs on weeknights on The Disney Channel. Look for Tag and Bink, a Dumb and Dumber-esque buddy comedy set in the Star Wars galaxy, on FX in 2009. Also in 2009, look for The Cleveland Show on Fox's primetime animated lineup along with Family Guy, American Dad and the return of The Simpsons. In 2011, Look for Bob's Burgers on Fox.

Walt Disney Television Animation
In 2009, look for Regular Show, created by current Eddsworld writer JG Quintel.
Also in 2009, look for Turtles Forever, which will serve as the series finale for the 2k3 TMNT series.
In 2010, look for Fish Hooks.
In 2012, look for Gravity Falls and Steven Universe, both produced in association with Legendary Multimedia.

Walt Disney Classic Animation
2009: The Princess and the Frog
2010: Gigantic
2011: Rumpelstiltskin
2012: TBD
2014: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Blue Sky
2009: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
2011: Rio
2012: Wreck it Ralph
2014: Big Hero 6

TBD
Into the Spider-Verse
Sign of the Seahorse

HENSON ANIMATION (HA!)
Also in 2010, new shorts featuring Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear and Quick Draw McGraw will join the Bozo revival.
I feel that having Adventure Time under the Henson label could result in a few Dark Crystal or Labyrinth homages. Meanwhile, these three revivals join Mickey Mouse and presumably Bugs Bunny as good reasons to tune into the Bozo revival.
DISNEY
The Disney Channel

In order to compete with Nickelodeon's Hannah Montana and the upcoming Gidget revival coming to Oaxis, five new live action series will launch on The Disney Channel in 2009. IOTL, these series made up the initial wave of the CN Real lineup. The Othersiders, BrainRush, Destroy Build Destroy and Dude, What Would Happen and Bobb'e Says.
I'd say these are better homes for the network than their OTL home.
20th Century-Fox
The Clone Wars animated series now airs on weeknights on The Disney Channel. Look for Tag and Bink, a Dumb and Dumber-esque buddy comedy set in the Star Wars galaxy, on FX in 2009. Also in 2009, look for The Cleveland Show on Fox's primetime animated lineup along with Family Guy, American Dad and the return of The Simpsons. In 2011, Look for Bob's Burgers on Fox.
Clone Wars would be a better Star Wars modern cartoon. Meanwhile, either a Monday expansion, an extra hour, or a cancellation or two should help make room for Bob's Burgers in 2011.
Also in 2009, look for Turtles Forever, which will serve as the series finale for the 2k3 TMNT series.
In 2012, look for Gravity Falls and Steven Universe, both produced in association with Legendary Multimedia.
Pretty inventive pipeline for them.
Is it too late to suggest a new Oswald the Lucky Rabbit movie for 2012?
Blue Sky
Looks pretty nice.
TBD
Into the Spider-Verse
Sign of the Seahorse
I recommend having Spider-Verse in 2013, and Sign of the Seahorse in 2015. The latter could be in WDCA, as well.

HENSON ANIMATION (HA!)

Huh, I guess they finally retired the Hanna-Barbera name. Well, it was going to go somehow.
DISNEY
The Disney Channel

Man, Destroy Build Destroy and Dude, What Would Happen take me back a looonngg time ago. And I had no idea that Bobb'e Says was even a thing, even though I know about other live-action CN shows of the time like Incredible Crew. I guess without AEG producing the Nick sitcoms and ABC/Nick producing the Disney sitcoms, the CN Real lineup goes to TTL's Disney Channel.
20th Century-Fox
Sounds great! Though honestly, I prefer if Fox programming made more adult animation than just family sitcom #182738349798. Maybe Blanche's show can become aimed towards adult audiences as "serious" adult animation. Though I don't know what her idea is about, so take my word with a grain of salt.
I honestly think it'd be interesting to see Regular Show as an adult animated series, considering that OTL's show is barely a kid's cartoon and even looks the part as well.

Also, @OldNavy1988 what if Uncle Grandpa aired earlier on in 2010 instead of 2013? It would prevent it from becoming hated since by the time it aired in 2013, serialized shows like Gravity Falls and Steven Universe had aired. Does it air on Nick or Disney Channel?
I just hope that Disney is still making 2D films ITTL.
Blue Sky
Glad Blue Sky actually has direction ITTL. I guess Blue Sky is Disney's 3D division. No?
TBD
Into the Spider-Verse
Sign of the Seahorse
Cool.

@Otakuninja2006
CTV and Global have outshined CBC in the primetime ratings so far.
Cool.

What about YTV, Teletoon, Treehouse and Family?

Oh, and does Random Cartoons still exist?

If not, can at least some of it's shows wind up on other networks?

And we haven't heard from Animax in a while. They'll probably need original programming soon.

And here's this for more toon ideas:

PEACOCK

Cool!

Meet me in the PM for ideas.
CBS DISCOVERY

TBS+PARAMOUNT

WARNER BROS.

LIONSGATE

NEW LINE CINEMA

LUXOR
Yep! Cool!

But WBA is gonna need some new shows............

Look at this and see which ones could be salvaged:

HENSON ANIMATION (HA!)

Cool, but I don't think those two shows would work as well on ABC.

But I DO have a idea for a action block on Nick come 2010:

Battle Spirits(Touchstone dub)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
The Secret Saturdays
Generator Rex
Dark Crystal(anime co-pro, probably with Studio Ghibli)
Sym-Bionic Titan

And I guess that the Hanna-Barbera name is retired now?
DISNEY
The Disney Channel

Cool!

I was just finna suggest those and all of CN's OTL CNReal shows.

But we could also air some live-action acquisitions. I know of plenty.

What's the state of TBS at this point? Didn't you say it'd be a edgier family channel?
20th Century-Fox
Nice!

What about Archer?

And can we get an update about The Newgrounds Show?
So, will Regular Show be on Toon Disney or Disney Channel, or FX, or Fox?

Blue Sky

TBD
Into the Spider-Verse
Sign of the Seahorse
Nice.
Ah, so they're firing on all cylinders.

I can see why she would, as who wouldn't want to enact animated vengeance on a worse version of John K.? Maybe Lauren Faust can take over for her?

That is a surprise about Reese Witherspoon, but Red Hot Riding Hood joining the Pink Ladies just works very well.

Hell yes!

Never thought that would happen.

Both of these are good, but I am surprised that the Andy Larkin franchise is going Shakespearean.

Pretty good all around.
I feel that having Adventure Time under the Henson label could result in a few Dark Crystal or Labyrinth homages. Meanwhile, these three revivals join Mickey Mouse and presumably Bugs Bunny as good reasons to tune into the Bozo revival.

I'd say these are better homes for the network than their OTL home.

Clone Wars would be a better Star Wars modern cartoon. Meanwhile, either a Monday expansion, an extra hour, or a cancellation or two should help make room for Bob's Burgers in 2011.

Pretty inventive pipeline for them.

Is it too late to suggest a new Oswald the Lucky Rabbit movie for 2012?

Looks pretty nice.

I recommend having Spider-Verse in 2013, and Sign of the Seahorse in 2015. The latter could be in WDCA, as well.
Huh, I guess they finally retired the Hanna-Barbera name. Well, it was going to go somehow.

Man, Destroy Build Destroy and Dude, What Would Happen take me back a looonngg time ago. And I had no idea that Bobb'e Says was even a thing, even though I know about other live-action CN shows of the time like Incredible Crew. I guess without AEG producing the Nick sitcoms and ABC/Nick producing the Disney sitcoms, the CN Real lineup goes to TTL's Disney Channel.

Sounds great! Though honestly, I prefer if Fox programming made more adult animation than just family sitcom #182738349798. Maybe Blanche's show can become aimed towards adult audiences as "serious" adult animation. Though I don't know what her idea is about, so take my word with a grain of salt.

I honestly think it'd be interesting to see Regular Show as an adult animated series, considering that OTL's show is barely a kid's cartoon and even looks the part as well.

Also, @OldNavy1988 what if Uncle Grandpa aired earlier on in 2010 instead of 2013? It would prevent it from becoming hated since by the time it aired in 2013, serialized shows like Gravity Falls and Steven Universe had aired. Does it air on Nick or Disney Channel?

Glad Blue Sky actually has direction ITTL. I guess Blue Sky is Disney's 3D division. No?

Cool.
Right.

Cool.

The HB name is not dead. When John Lasseter consolidated the workforces of HB and Klasky-Csupo into one entity in recent years, he chose the HB brand for its longevity. Right now, HB is still the 2D division of HA! while Pixar serves as the 3D unit.

Yes, Blue Sky is Disney's 3D unit. That makes up for Fox being sold to Disney in the Seventies and Pixar having went to Henson ITTL.

Blanche's show Silent X is mainly a power-fantasy. In other words, it's about creating a vigilante avatar of herself righting the injustices that she and her siblings suffered during adolescence.

Regular Show could also be an option for FX's ADHD block.

I still haven't decided what Fox's next anime dubs should be in the short term until My Hero Academia starts around 2015 or '16.

Disney is still making 2D flicks under Sir Daniel's supervision.

Cool.

What about YTV, Teletoon, Treehouse and Family?

Oh, and does Random Cartoons still exist?

If not, can at least some of it's shows wind up on other networks?

And we haven't heard from Animax in a while. They'll probably need original programming soon.

And here's this for more toon ideas:

Cool!

Meet me in the PM for ideas.

Yep! Cool!

But WBA is gonna need some new shows............

Look at this and see which ones could be salvaged:

Cool, but I don't think those two shows would work as well on ABC.

But I DO have a idea for a action block on Nick come 2010:

Battle Spirits(Touchstone dub)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
The Secret Saturdays
Generator Rex
Dark Crystal(anime co-pro, probably with Studio Ghibli)
Sym-Bionic Titan

What's the state of TBS at this point? Didn't you say it'd be a edgier family channel?

TBS is indeed moving in the edgy-family direction, but it'll take time before Paramount can crank out original shows for that. TNT is now both the main general entertainment channel and the defacto sports channel for TBS+Paramount.

The shows that don't fit the ABC lineup can instead air on XYZ or another channel in Henson's portfolio.

The Canadian kids channels you mentioned are doing pretty much the same as OTL. However, one or more of them are still vulnerable to being sold to the conglomerates based in the United States, subject to approval of course by Ottawa lawmakers.

90's Kids Rejoice! (December 8, 2008)
December 8, 2008

During halftime of ABC's Monday Night Football telecast between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and St. Louis Sorcerers at the Edward Jones Dome, ABC unleashed a surprise. One that many 90's kids had been hoping for.

Devon Sawa and Christina Ricci will reunite to reprise their roles from the 1996 film Now and Then in a new XYZ primetime series called Memory Lane. The series will debut this coming April.

Touchstone Television will distribute Memory Lane in association with Legendary Multimedia. Marlene King, the original screen writer for Now and Then will reunite with director Lesli Linka Glatter. Also attached to the project is Rachel Stone-Abbott, who worked on the original film as a script doctor.

Last edited:
The HB name is not dead. When John Lasseter consolidated the workforces of HB and Klasky-Csupo into one entity in recent years, he chose the HB brand for its longevity. Right now, HB is still the 2D division of HA! while Pixar serves as the 3D unit.
Cool!

Has Pixar made any television series yet?
Yes, Blue Sky is Disney's 3D unit. That makes up for Fox being sold to Disney in the Seventies and Pixar having went to Henson ITTL.
Cool.
Blanche's show Silent X is mainly a power-fantasy. In other words, it's about creating a vigilante avatar of herself righting the injustices that she and her siblings suffered during adolescence.
What's a power-fantasy?
Regular Show could also be an option for FX's ADHD block.
Cool!
I still haven't decided what Fox's next anime dubs should be in the short term until My Hero Academia starts around 2015 or '16.
Well, does anyone else have any ideas?

Maybe dub these:
Disney is still making 2D flicks under Sir Daniel's supervision.
Nice! So they'll largely take the form of many rejected Disney concepts from OTL?
TBS is indeed moving in the edgy-family direction, but it'll take time before Paramount can crank out original shows for that. TNT is now both the main general entertainment channel and the defacto sports channel for TBS+Paramount.
Ok.

Maybe some of CBBC's shows could air on DIsney Channel?
The shows that don't fit the ABC lineup can instead air on XYZ or another channel in Henson's portfolio.

The Canadian kids channels you mentioned are doing pretty much the same as OTL. However, one or more of them are still vulnerable to being sold to the conglomerates based in the United States, subject to approval of course by Ottawa lawmakers.
Ok.

What's the chances of an American company buying a stake in Teletoon?
December 8, 2008

During halftime of ABC's Monday Night Football telecast between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and St. Louis Sorcerers at the Edward Jones Dome, ABC unleashed a surprise. One that many 90's kids had been hoping for.

Devon Sawa and Christina Ricci will reunite to reprise their roles from the 1996 film Now and Then in a new XYZ primetime series called Memory Lane. The series will debut this coming April.

Touchstone Television will distribute Memory Lane in association with Legendary Multimedia. Marlene King, the original screen writer for Now and Then will reunite with director Lesli Linka Glatter. Also attached to the project is Rachel Stone-Abbott, who worked on the original film as a script doctor.
Cool!