"Fight Club" aftermath

went to script o rama, fight club transcript, ctrl+f highway,

"In the world I see,

you're stalking elk through the Grand Canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center.

You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life.

You'll climb the thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower.

And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn,

laying strips of venison in the empty car-pool lane of some abandoned superhighway."

.....Can I opt out of the post-technology anarchist utopia? I'm okay with having personal debt if it means I can get a job building rockets and not have to grind my own corn.

.....Can I opt out of the post-technology anarchist utopia? I'm okay with having personal debt if it means I can get a job building rockets and not have to grind my own corn.

I do wholeheartedly agree. Just because Tyler is cool does not mean he's doing the right things.

Sachyriel

Banned
So, you're okay with having any sort of primal masculinity torn away from you through the gradual reduction of our human worth to bits of numbers rather than what we really are, strong people with goals that can't be measured by numbers?

So, you're okay with having any sort of primal masculinity torn away from you through the gradual reduction of our human worth to bits of numbers rather than what we really are, strong people with goals that can't be measured by numbers?

I think I exist as a strong person with goals that can't be measured by mere numbers without needing much in the way of grinding my own corn and wearing nothing but leather. Frankly I find a lot of the primal masculine stuff Tyler's philosophy says we're missing out on to be annoying as hell to put up with and good riddance it's gone. So....yeah, I guess that's a yes. I do have issues with society, it's just that those issues are at best tangential to my issues and at worst actually the reverse of my issues.

Hey man, what if, inside my primal masculinity I find a sensual femininity?

Seems to me like someone on steroids tried to update Rosseaus notions of our natural state. Voila, you have a dysfunctional misogynistic fantasy that in some ways mirror the diminished prestige of the blue collar man.

Typo

Banned
Alternatively you can become either a blue-collar or a white-collar instead of a service worker whom the philosophy is specifically tagged towards

My point is that banks have backup data not in the united states

Credit card companies, who are dealing with confidential information, will presumably have their own servers.

However, you can bet your ass those servers are very well guarded. The idea that a group of misfits can just wander around planting bombs willy nilly is just silly. Project Mayhem members stand out. Those who were part of fight clubs are going to look constantly beat up (consider how the narrator looks while going to work... crooked nose, missing teeth...) and will already be under suspicion if they're not already fired. Project Mayhem members get buzz cuts and special outfits. I understand the idea that Project Mayhem comes from the masses, and everyone can be a member, but you're not going to see those anarchists amongst the executive of AmEx. And when some schmuck with a beat up face, who operates the company help line, wants to get down to those servers and he's carrying some mysterious package (with the explosives)? You can bet yer ass the security is going to react. And while the space monkey might have force of ideology and a willingness to die on his side, the security will definitely be much better trained, probably better equipped, and have the security infrastructure (cameras, any sort of bullet proof glass) on their side.

I can see a couple of buildings going under, but the idea that all these institutions are going to be destroyed? Unlikely. And with decentralization, even a lot of the companies that take hits will have at least their data back within a few days.