South Italy was taken byt the 1000 led by Garibaldi and a genoese(Bixio) as a second in command.
North Italy was taken by Cavour who managed to exploit the plebiscite card on 3 countries and reform the army( first army to use trains) making it possible to actually beat the Austrians.
I mean I think Victor Emmanuelle II also was partly involved in otl, while Cavour certainly was the brains behind the operation. Cavour and and VE II's relationship could essentially be described as an Italian version of Bismarck and Wilhelm I. Though its a bit of a shoddy imitation since Bismarck was an arc monarchist and reactionary conservative while Cavour was a more liberal man.

Though certain parts of the Papacy voted against unification I think which was not the result that Garibaldi was expecting.

The only time and actual Savoy tried to conquer north Italy was in 1848 with Carlo Alberto. it's a miracle if Austria didn't force them to release Genoa as punishment after the embarrassing defeat
Yeah though Austria had bigger fish to fry as Hungary was in open rebellion at that point. The government also was in chaos with Metternich's Resignation. Franz-Joseph was busy trying to gain Russian support (which he had to beg for) against the Hungarian Revolutionaries.

Also @pls don't ban me I have some good news. I've finished most of the research for the next chapter, so it should be out sometime next week or the week after depending on when my exams are scheduled.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
Though certain parts of the Papacy voted against unification I think which was not the result that Garibaldi was expecting.
there is nice trivia about the capture of Rome in 1871/2. When the italian army was in front of the city the Pope said that whoever was going to shoot first was going to be excommunicated and his descendants won't get baptism or christian rituals. As response the army made a Jew take the first shot.
Also @pls don't ban me I have some good news. I've finished most of the research for the next chapter, so it should be out sometime next week or the week after depending on when my exams are scheduled.
Yippee ki-yay

here is nice trivia about the capture of Rome in 1871/2. When the italian army was in front of the city the Pope said that whoever was going to shoot first was going to be excommunicated and his descendants won't get baptism or christian rituals. As response the army made a Jew take the first shot.
I remember reading about that, it was hilarious!

Yippee ki-yay
Sorry about not posting an update, but I got busy with more exams and other stuff going on. Thankfully this semester is proving to be one of my best so far. I think I might post something today/tomorrow as a sort of Thanksgiving update as I've got most of the next chapter finished.

Also happy thanksgiving everyone!

Art and Media #3: Napoleon I Coronation Art
OZdiICp.png

Sorry about the lack of an update, but I forgot about a paper I had to write, so I had to scramble to finish that (The lesson is don't procrastinate). As a token of my apology here's some art I made of Napoleon I in his coronation robes. This is based on the painting by Ingres in 1806. As today is the 216th anniversary of Napoleon's Coronation, I think its the appropriate time to post this here. I'll try posting the update as soon as I can.​

Sorry about the lack of an update, but I forgot about a paper I had to write, so I had to scramble to finish that (The lesson is don't procrastinate). As a token of my apology here's some art I made of Napoleon I in his coronation robes. This is based on the painting by Ingres in 1806. As today is the 216th anniversary of Napoleon's Coronation, I think its the appropriate time to post this here. I'll try posting the update as soon as I can.​
Hope to see the update soon! For the Empire!

Story of my life right there. Good luck on your paper!
Thanks!

Hope to see the update soon! For the Empire!
Yeah I'll try my best to have it published as soon as possible.

Vive la Roi!
Happy noises in France, Spain, and Sicily intensifies.

I look forward to this being resurrected.
What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

Bruh that looks incredible, great work! I hope someday I will be able to draw as good as you! And don't worry about updates being slow, it takes time to write perfection.

Currently I'm waiting for the next chapter like this:
1607004935431.png

Can't wait to see what happens next! With so much waiting the next chapter should be as well written as the previous ones.

Bruh that looks incredible, great work!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! It was something I decided to do for fun. Funny enough, my paper was about this painting.

I hope someday I will be able to draw as good as you!
Thanks! Though it didn't come out as well as I'd liked. It was a while since I started doing these types of graphics like these so I was a bit rusty.

And don't worry about updates being slow, it takes time to write perfection.
Wow I'm glad you rate it so highly.

Currently I'm waiting for the next chapter like this:
1607004935431.png
Lmafo its Patrick Bateman! I loved American Psycho. It was one of my favorite films.

Can't wait to see what happens next! With so much waiting the next chapter should be as well written as the previous ones.
Yeah. I hope to cover the Bourbon restoration as best as possible, laying the seeds for the rise of the Second Empire.

OZdiICp.png

I really like your drawing! It's really well provided.
The only small reproach I could make would be the eyes. It makes Napoleon look very tired (or cocaine addicted?). However, I have no idea how else to represent them.
Otherwise it's just a detail. :)

really like your drawing! It's really well provided.
The only small reproach I could make would be the eyes. It makes Napoleon look very tired (or cocaine addicted?). However, I have no idea how else to represent them.
Otherwise it's just a detail. :)
Considering how Napoleon kept getting wars declared on him. He probably was sick of it by the end lol. I'll try fixing the eyes for my next drawing. I'm doing one for a particular Spaniard of the 19th Century though.

Hopefully we get to have the differences between OTL's Bourbon Restoration and TTL's Bourbon Restoration fleshed out!
Things will be different in some ways, and similar in others. Louis XVIII not being run out of France is a relatively minor change, but one that does lead to big ripple effects in the nature of the Bourbon Restoration.

Things will be different in some ways, and similar in others. Louis XVIII not being run out of France is a relatively minor change, but one that does lead to big ripple effects in the nature of the Bourbon Restoration.
I am interested in how bad the White Terror is ITTL sans the Hundred Days.

I am interested in how bad the White Terror is ITTL sans the Hundred Days.

I doubt that it'd be as wide spread and systematic as it was, that is if it does occur, Napoleon's death would likely sweep it off it's feet with the amount of butterflies it creates, I wonder if it'd allow for a support base for Napoleon later on?

I doubt that it'd be as wide spread and systematic as it was, that is if it does occur, Napoleon's death would likely sweep it off it's feet with the amount of butterflies it creates, I wonder if it'd allow for a support base for Napoleon later on?
As Napoleon died a martyr ITTL, I imagine that such an alt-White Terror will be causing a great degree of backlash which allows for his son to become Emperor.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
OZdiICp.png

IT'S ALIVE!!!!