Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

Kaltenbrunner was hospitalised with hemmorage during the Nuremberg Trials. If Kaltenbrunner died from the hemmorage, the only difference would be that Kaltenbrunner would die from the hemmorage rather than from hanging at Nuremberg, wouldn't have Wikipedia categories for him being executed, would die at 42 instead of 43 and the execution process for the remaining Nuremberg executed (now reduced to 9 people or 10 but done earlier and faster with Goering) would be slightly faster and completed earlier.

Belgium was willing to sell back Eupen-Malmedy to Germany in the 1920s, negotiations were already underway, but France interfered and prevented it from fulfilling. What if France did not interfere and Germany bought back Eupen-Malmedy? Would the Weimar Republic have gotten a popularity boost? Could it have survived?

Likely the Weimar Republic wouldn't have gotten the popularity boost or survival it needed, so, the Weimar Republic would be replaced by Nazi Germany, WW2 and Allied occupied Germany as in otl, and Allied occupied Germany, West Germany and post-reunification Germany would be forced to return Eupen-Malmedy to Belgium as in otl.

What would 2000s pop culture looks like if THIS happened ?

Bush killed in 9/11

President Dick Cheney

Escalated war on terror

Cheney invaded Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and Sudan

Fanatical patriotism

Again, what would TTL 2000s American pop culture looks like? More pro war pro American movies and drama series ? More music get banned ? Is there any music genre which is darker than emo? New counterculture movement in 2000s millennial teenagers ?

Last edited:
If Fegelein did not try to escape from the Berlin Bunker and avoided execution there (or successfully escaped) and ended up being tried at Nuremberg, Fegelein would get the death penalty at Nuremberg for his role in the Pripyat Marshes Massacres under the Crimes against Humanity conviction.

If SS Niagara sank because of iceberg damage and the Titanic sank as in otl, the net effect would be eliminating the SS Niagara's lost passengers and crew who were onboard the ship as of 10 April 1912 and returning to otl. If SS Niagara sank and Titanic survived, the net effect would be eliminating the SS Niagara's lost passengers and crew who were onboard the ship as of 10 April 1912 and a "Titanic survives" scenario, simply because SS Niagara wouldn't have the potential to generate as much fame from a fatal iceberg collision as Titanic.

Same with SS Kronprinz Wilhelm if its iceberg collision in 1907 turned fatal, but substitute SS Kronprinz Wilhelm as of the 1907 iceberg collision for SS Nagara as of the 10 April 1912 iceberg collision.

Bytor

Monthly Donor
With an early enough PoD to butterfly away the 'all-India' independence movements (such as the Indian National Association) then perhaps the various states/regions of India could campaign/agitate for independence separately. I'm very (very) far from being an expert* but I think you'd probably need a PoD sometime around the middle to end of the East India Company's 'rule' so that the British government, when it takes over, doesn't just treat the whole of India as one, but instead as different countries.
* so if someone who is an expert has a different opinion, feel free to disregard my thoughts...
I had thought of that, but I was concerned that muting the all-India movement would mute the independence movement in general, making it not happen in 1947.

This video is about the long gone BR Motorail service that ran until 1995, killed as part of privatisation.

Might be a fun thing for UK timeline authors to included in their work.

I am sure it would have been possible for America and Britain to defeat the Germans if they managed to conquer European Russia. What I'd like to ask you guys is how much larger the casualties would have been?

My alternate James Bond 007 cast
Sean Connery 1961-1970
Roger Moore 1970-1980
Michael billingtion 1980-1986
Sam neill 1986-1994
James purefoy 1995-2006
Henry cavill 2006-????

Last edited:
Thoughts on "PTSD Theory"... much of a country's/civilization's actions happen due to post-traumatic stress disorder of a previous event.
Modern China is PTSD from the Fall of the Qing/Warlord Era
Modern Russia is PTSD from the Fall of the Soviet Union
You could say much of medieval Europe is PTSD from the fall of the Western Roman Empire (okay, pre-1900 example, but still counts)

Strike North faction victory if Japan still goes mental after the Depression starts, possibly to an extent that could pre-empt the Second Sino-Japanese War? Or maybe the survival of the Far Eastern Republic with Japanese support?

Survival of the Far Eastern Republic and a Strike North faction victory butterflying the Second Sino-Japanese War with Japanese support if the pod were in the 1910s or the early 1920s. With this pod occuring in the 1930s, the Japanese would not need to occupy French Indochina and could leave the Second Sino-Japanese War as a Chinese victory without foreign Allied military campaigns against Japan.

Suppose the Nazi Party never comes to power in Germany or is somehow removed from power before it can start World War II. How would implementing FDR's Good Neighbor Policy in Latin America be different?

Suppose the Nazi Party never comes to power in Germany or is somehow removed from power before it can start World War II. How would implementing FDR's Good Neighbor Policy in Latin America be different?
FDR would probably see no reason to pressure his neighbors to hand over the Japanese to him for internment in holding camps, nor would he try to demand that German businesses be closed because "we are at war with Germany." We would end up with a few more Japanese in South America and a South America less dominated by American corporations.

FDR would probably see no reason to pressure his neighbors to hand over the Japanese to him for internment in holding camps, nor would he try to demand that German businesses be closed because "we are at war with Germany." We would end up with a few more Japanese in South America and a South America less dominated by American corporations.
I more so mean how the US would interact with Latin America.