Which style should be predominant?

• Total voters
@Aluma

Integralist policy when the trees are Catholic:
hqdefault.jpg

Integralist policy when the trees are not Catholic:
ghows-IA-910669f0-e9ea-5c79-e053-0100007f8f0e-8c6a89de.jpeg

Last edited:
On a darker note, animist natives are gonna get it bad.
They will likely have two options: conversion or expulsion from the region. But the Amazon is not developed enough for the Catholic action to focus strongly there. Regarding deforestation, I would say that overall they will be more environmentalist than usual (closer to the Nazis in that sense).

What happens to the Bedouins living in greater Syria?
Well if the Syrians have the same policy as the Nazis they’ll be exterminated, if not they’ll either be ignored or have to assimilate. Here’s what I got from a source from Carnegie Middle East Center on government relations with the Bedouins in Syria:

“In 1963, the Baath Party seized power in Syria and decided to launch a big land reform. The tribal leaders lost their holdings and much of the land was distributed to poorer bedouin families in small parcels, as a way of trying to get them to settle and abandon nomadism in favor of agriculture.

———

Many bedouins were forced to settle in the 1960s, during the period of major land reforms under the Baath Party. That was before Hafez al-Assad took power in 1970, but it continued through the early years of his reign.

For the next couple of decades, Syrians from these communities wouldn’t identify publicly as bedouins, but of course their social origins had not changed. Many moved into the cities and took up new ways of life. So you had bedouins from the villages around Salamiya east of Homs, for example, who moved to Homs, Hama, and Aleppo, ending up in particular districts. The Baba Amr district in the southern suburbs of Homs City was one such place. It was largely populated by people who self-identified as tribesmen belonging to the Hassana or the Mawali.

For a long time the Syrian government wasn’t interested in or concerned with the bedouins.” 1.

1. https://carnegie-mec.org/diwan/60264
Syrias’s Bedouin Tribes: An Interview with Dawn Chatty

Last edited:
What's Pele up to TTL? I assume there's no world cup, so likely his fame isn't as big as OTL. That said, if football isn't considered too foreign for the Integralists, he could still be very famous domestically.
Also, although I'm pretty sure that the "samba will threaten the integralist regime" was the lie, if you include samba style football and then think someone like Pele could be an influential anti-integralist voice (although would he even be willing to speak out).

What's Pele up to TTL? I assume there's no world cup, so likely his fame isn't as big as OTL. That said, if football isn't considered too foreign for the Integralists, he could still be very famous domestically.
Also, although I'm pretty sure that the "samba will threaten the integralist regime" was the lie, if you include samba style football and then think someone like Pele could be an influential anti-integralist voice (although would he even be willing to speak out).
Pele didn't even speak against the Brazilian Military Dictatorship (he was their propaganda boy in some ways), do you really expect him to speak out against the Integralist Regime, which is probably much more violent? He doesn't have a death wish.

Football is a very good way of making the public spend a lot of their energy in a manner that isn't as directly against conservative teachings like Samba or Carnaval, so the Integralists have to be a bunch of idiots to prohibit football in Brazil, otherwise this masculine energy is going to be reedirected against them someday. It isn't like you can't substitute it with boring mass and processions.

Last edited:
Pele didn't even speak against the Brazilian Military Dictatorship (he was their propaganda boy in some ways), do you really expect him to speak out against the Integralist Regime, which is probably much more violent? He doesn't have a death wish.

Football is a very good way of making the public spend a lot of their energy in a manner that isn't as directly against conservative teachings like Samba or Carnaval, so the Integralists have to be a bunch of idiots to prohibit football in Brazil, otherwise this masculine energy is going to be reedirected against them someday. It isn't like you can't substitute it with boring mass and processions.
Yeah Pele doesn’t strike me as someone who is deeply political or at least someone who keeps his opinions to himself. While Pele is awesome, I’m just not sure why he would be in anyway a factor of a potential downfall of Integralist Brazil. He likely appreciates the anti-discrimination law on some level (although not sure about the discrimination of non-Catholic minority religions), will certainly be promoted in sports if he keeps quiet (as you said would be pretty easy), and his athleticism will boost both his and Brazilian’s pride/popularity worldwide give him no reason to complain about the government.

Ultimately if theirs any factor in the downfall of Integralist Brazil it would likely be a humiliation in battle or economic mismanagement (maybe the occupation of Uruguay goes badly).

Last edited:
They will likely have two options: conversion or expulsion from the region. But the Amazon is not developed enough for the Catholic action to focus strongly there. Regarding deforestation, I would say that overall they will be more environmentalist than usual (closer to the Nazis in that sense).
Still, I expect "destino manifesto" at some point. The parallels are worrying.

Yeah Pele doesn’t strike me as someone who is deeply political or at least someone who keeps his opinions to himself. While Pele is awesome, I’m just not sure why he would be in anyway a factor of a potential downfall of Integralist Brazil. He likely appreciates the anti-discrimination law on some level (although not sure about the discrimination of non-Catholic minority religions), will certainly be promoted in sports if he keeps quiet (as you said would be pretty easy), and his athleticism will boost both his and Brazilian’s pride/popularity worldwide give him no reason to complain about the government.
"Ja, see ze Negerbrasilien wiz zeir Semitische Christentum pamper zeir pet blacks? Zese people are only fit for base athsletic pursuits." - Some disgruntled Nazi losing to Brasil in World Cup who couldn't pull a Wolfenstein New Colossus on a player

Inbefore Coventry.

Also we could really get a reference of Nick Bougas "A Wyatt Mann" who made Le Happy Merchant meme in this timeline :D
Maybe he will migrate to Germany and become a "cartoonist" before ending up in jail for some stupid offense?

Last edited: