The Eagle Down Under (1983: Doomsday TL 2016-2030)

Who do you think will win nomination of ANZC Labour Party in the 2019 Federal Election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rigotto sat in his office as the sun shined through the window that was located behind him. On his desk was many various papers most of were previously Jucá’s papers. And also on his desk was a desktop computer to which Rigotto had been using for the past day and a half now being constantly updated by the current events.

He still couldn’t believe what had happened to the Itaipu Dam, it was just so bizarre and disturbing to him how one day the world’s largest dam is there functioning well to provide electricity for millions of people, and then the next day it gets destroyed by many homemade powerful bombs.

How many more important places are going to get destroyed?

He thought to himself.

After all during the 6/23 incident, Brazil lost its famous iconic landmark being Christ the Redeemer, being destroyed all in the name of religious fundamentalism and extremism.

Religious fundamentalism and extremism…

Two things everyone at this point is certainly sick of hearing about. It has already become the norm in South America and Oceania to turn on the news and hear incidents involving terrorism of some sort. Whether it be in Brazil or elsewhere in the world, it didn’t matter. It was just the same damn thing.

Is this even worth it?

Is the World War on Terror ever going to end?

Suddenly one of the staff being an Afro-Brazilian man named Frederico Mendonça. He wore a grey suit along with dress pants that were in a darker shade of grey than his suit. And what made the man stood out in the room was his red striped tie.

“Sir… We have bad news.” He said in a voice which one could tell from the emotion that whatever the man was going to say surely was going to be heartbreaking.

“No… Let me guess…” Rigotto interrupted him before he could continue speaking.

“Jucá died didn’t he?” He said as he looked at him to which he saw only a face that expressed despair.

“Yes sir… He passed away an hour ago in the hospital. Doctors have informed us he died from a brain aneurysm.” Mendonça said.

“I recall that Jucá did often complain about mild headaches last month. I figured maybe it was due to the stress of being President of Brazil.”

Rigotto sighed and looked down at the papers on his desk staring at them, but in the way he was staring at them was basically him deep in thought. This was unbelievable to him, and yet as much as he wished it was only a fucked up fantasy in his brain, it was sadly rather a fucked up reality.

Jucá was dead. No doubt about it.

“I guess I am the President of Brazil now as of today.” Rigotto said in a voice that showed only no emotion.

“So who are you going to pick as your Vice President sir?” Mendonça asked him.

He thought for a moment as he stood back in his chair.

“Get me in contact with Ataídes Oliveira.” Rigotto said to his staff.

“Senator Oliveira from the state of Tocantins?”

Rigotto nodded.

“Very well.”

-Conversation between Germano Rigotto and his staff member, January 8th, 2022

Rigotto takes the oath of office.

-Rede Globo News 24/7, January 8th, 2022

Since World War on Terror ends in 2028 (as stated in those future books), then we have six more years to play hide-and-seek with Osama bin-Laden

So, is anything planned for the United States Semiquincentennial in 2026?

That is a good question. I would imagine that it would still trumpet the "Land of the Free" slogan and "Spirit of 1776" like it did in the Bicentennial with the added Doomsday-unique agenda of celebrating the CONTINUED existence of the United States of America when many others no longer did like Great Britain, France, and China. Though I will see the celebrations be heavily compared with the Bicentennial and how this will be seen in the light of events following 1983.

Also pressing is what symbols will they use in celebration of the 250th. Ever since 1788 and continuing, the US always included symbols whenever it celebrates independence: the Declaration,the original Constitution, Liberty Bell, Spirit of '76, entire Washington DC itself. Now with all of those original artifacts gone and the cultural and historic centers burnt out, what would they do now and what will now constitute the Americana...

Since nobody mentioned about Brazil's president dying of a heart attack, I might as well say that right now Brazil has lost 2 presidents within a short period of a single year. Temer died in 2020 in the failed coup that Bolsonaro attempted and now Juca is dead.

That is a good question. I would imagine that it would still trumpet the "Land of the Free" slogan and "Spirit of 1776" like it did in the Bicentennial with the added Doomsday-unique agenda of celebrating the CONTINUED existence of the United States of America when many others no longer did like Great Britain, France, and China. Though I will see the celebrations be heavily compared with the Bicentennial and how this will be seen in the light of events following 1983.

Also pressing is what symbols will they use in celebration of the 250th. Ever since 1788 and continuing, the US always included symbols whenever it celebrates independence: the Declaration,the original Constitution, Liberty Bell, Spirit of '76, entire Washington DC itself. Now with all of those original artifacts gone and the cultural and historic centers burnt out, what would they do now and what will now constitute the Americana...
It was unfortunate due to the surprise attack nature of Doomsday, neither of these artefacts were stored in bunkers on time.

It was unfortunate due to the surprise attack nature of Doomsday, neither of these artefacts were stored in bunkers on time.
Sorry for late reply.

But you bring up an amazing point, that a lot of historic artifacts have been lost or destroyed during Doomsday. I mean since Paris was nuked to oblivion in 1983, it is certain the Mona Lisa and many of the famous paintings in museums have been forever destroyed. Only way people know they actually existed is from pictures from Pre-Doomsday. I might as well do a list for this in fact.

Sorry for late reply.

But you bring up an amazing point, that a lot of historic artifacts have been lost or destroyed during Doomsday. I mean since Paris was nuked to oblivion in 1983, it is certain the Mona Lisa and many of the famous paintings in museums have been forever destroyed. Only way people know they actually existed is from pictures from Pre-Doomsday. I might as well do a list for this in fact.
Mona Lisa burned to oblvision is a big loss to the art community.

Even the artwork in the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican is gone too.

Famous Paintings Lost in Doomsdays
Famous Paintings Destroyed during Doomsday

Austria

The Hunters in the Snow (Pieter Bruegel the Elder) (Vienna)
The Kiss (Gustav Klimt) (Vienna)
Young Hare (Albrecht Dürer) (Vienna)

Former Belgium

The Death of Marat (Jacques-Louis David) (Brussels)

Canada

The Jack Pine (Tom Thomson) (Ottawa)
Northern River (Tom Thomson) (Ottawa)
Northern Lights (Tom Thomson) (Ottawa)
Spring Ice (Tom Thomson) (Ottawa)
The Canoe (Tom Thomson) (Toronto)
The West Wind (Tom Thomson) (Toronto)

Former East Germany

Sleeping Venus (Giorgione, Titian) (Dresden)
The Monk by the Sea (Caspar David Friedrich) (Berlin)
Moonrise Over the Sea (Caspar David Friedrich) (Berlin)
The Giant Mountains (Caspar David Friedrich) (Berlin)
The Watzmann (Caspar David Friedrich) (Berlin)

Pre-Doomsday France

Mona Lisa (Leonardo da Vinci) (Paris)
Le Sommeil (The Sleepers) (Gustave Courbet) (Paris)
Olympia (Édouard Manet) (Paris)
The Luncheon on the Grass (Édouard Manet) (Paris)
Portrait of Dr. Gachet (Vincent van Gogh) (Paris)
Napoleon Crossing the Alps (Jacques-Louis David) (Paris)
Oath of the Horatii (Jacques-Louis David) (Paris)
Impression, Sunrise (Claude Monet) (Paris)
Grande Odalisque (Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres) (Paris)
Bal du moulin de la Galette (Pierre-Auguste Renoir) (Paris)
The Raft of the Medusa (Théodore Géricault) (Paris)
Liberty Leading the People (Eugène Delacroix) (Paris)

Former Hungary

Christ in front of Pilate (Mihály Munkácsy) (Budapest)
Visegrád (Károly Markó) (Budapest)
The Puszta (Károly Markó) (Budapest)

Former Italy

The Three Ages of Woman (Gustav Klimt) (Milan)
The Last Supper (Leonardo da Vinci) (Milan)
The Fourth Estate (Giuseppe Pellizza da Volpedo) (Milan)
Three Women (Umberto Boccioni) (Milan)
Madonna of the Book (Sandro Botticelli) (Milan)
Profile of a Man (Andrea Mantegna) (Milan)
The Knight in Black (Giovanni Battista Moroni) (Milan)
Nativity of the Virgin (Pietro Lorenzetti) (Siena)
Annunciation (Ambrogio Lorenzetti) (Siena)
The Death of Julius Caesar (Vincenzo Camuccini) (Naples)

Japan

Fine Wind, Clear Morning (Katsuhika Hokusai) (Tokyo)
Sunrise over the Eastern Sea (Fujishima Takeji) (Tokyo)

Former Netherlands

The Night Watch (Rembrandt van Rijn) (Amsterdam)
The Milkmaid (Johannes Vermeer) (Amsterdam)
Adoration of the Magi (Benvenuto Tisi) (Amsterdam)
The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (Rembrandt van Rijn) (The Hague)
Girl with a Pearl Earring (Johannes Vermeer) (The Hague)

People's Republic of China

Magnolia and Erect Rock (Chen Hongshou) (Beijing)
Loquats and a Mountain Bird (Unknown) (Beijing)
Six Gentlemen (Ni Zan) (Shanghai)

Poland

Constitution of May 3, 1791 (Jan Matejko) (Warsaw)
Stanczyk (Jan Matejko) (Warsaw)
Sermon of Piotr Skarga (Jan Matejko) (Warsaw)
Prussian Homage (Jan Matejko) (Krakow)
Lady with an Ermine (Leonardo da Vinci) (Krakow)

Portugal

An Amateur Concert (Columbano Bordalo Pinheiro) (Lisbon)

Former Romania

Girls Spinning at the Gate (Nicolae Grigorescu) (Bucharest)
Portrait of Lady Roxanda (Dobromir) (Bucharest)
The Sunflower (Ion Tuculescu) (Bucharest)

Former South Korea

A Cat and a Butterfly (Kim Hong-do) (Seoul)
Hwajeopdo (Nam Gye-u) (Seoul)
A Boat Ride (Shin Yun-bok) (Seoul)

Soviet Union

Ivan the Terrible and His Son Ivan (Ilya Repin) (Moscow)
Morning in a Pine Forest (Ivan Shishkin and Konstantin Savitsky) (Moscow)
Dance (Henri Matisse) (Leningrad)
The Swan Princess (Mikhail Vrubel) (Moscow)

Pre-Doomsday Spain

The Third of May 1808 (Francisco Goya) (Madrid)
Saturn Devouring His Son (Francisco Goya) (Madrid)
Guernica (Pablo Picasso) (Madrid)
The Garden of Earthly Delights (Hieronymus Bosch) (Madrid)
Adam and Eve (Albrecht Dürer) (Madrid)
Jacob's Dream (Lo Spagnoletto) (Madrid)

Pre-Doomsday United States

Watson and the Shark (John Singleton Copley) (Washington D.C.)
Look Mickey (Roy Lichtenstein) (Washington D.C.)
The Starry Night (Vincent van Gogh) (New York City)
The Sleeping Gypsy (Henri Rousseau) (New York City)
The Great Wave off Kanagawa (Katsushika Hokusai) (New York City)
Washington Crossing the Delaware (Emanuel Leutze) (New York City)
Les Demoiselles d'Avignon (The Ladies of Avignon) (Pablo Picasso) (New York City)
Three Musicians (Pablo Picasso) (New York City)
The Seed of the Areoi (Paul Gauguin) (New York City)
Garden at Sainte-Adresse (Claude Monet) (New York City)
Portrait of Juan de Pareja (Diego Velázquez) (New York City)
I and the Village (Marc Chagall) (New York City)
The Gulf Stream (Winslow Homer) (New York City)
Mountain Stream (John Singer Sargent) (New York City)
Dance (Henri Matisse) (New York City)
Venus and Mars (Paolo Veronese) (New York City)
Drowning Girl (Roy Lichtenstein) (New York City)
Autumn Rhythm (Number 30) (Jackson Pollock) (New York City)
The Persistence of Memory (Salvador Dali) (New York City)
I Saw the Figure 5 in Gold (Charles Demuth) (New York City)
Fur Traders Descending the Missouri (George Caleb Bingham) (New York City)
American Gothic (Grant Wood) (Chicago)
Nighthawks (Edward Hopper) (Chicago)
The Child's Bath (Mary Cassatt) (Chicago)
The Old Guitarist (Pablo Picasso) (Chicago)
A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte (Georges Seurat) (Chicago)
Paris Street; Rainy Day (Gustave Caillebotte) (Chicago)
Apparition of Face and Fruit Dish on a Beach (Salvador Dali) (Hartford)
Whistler's Mother (James McNeill Whistler) (Atlanta?)
Les Grandes Baigneuses (Pierre-Auguste Renoir) (Philadelphia)
The Bathers (Paul Cézanne) (Philadelphia)
Crying Girl (Roy Lichtenstein) (Milwaukee)

Pre-Doomsday United Kingdom

Mr and Mrs Andrews (Thomas Gainsborough) (London)
Bacchus and Ariadne (Titian) (London)
Charles I in Three Position (Anthony van Dyck) (London)
The Swing (Jean-Honoré Fragonard) (London)
The Arnolfini Portrait (Jan van Eyck) (London)
The Ambassadors (Hans Holbein the Younger) (London)
The Lady of Shalott (John William Waterhouse) (London)
Whaam! (Roy Lichtenstein) (London)
The Fighting Temeraire (J. M. W. Turner) (London)
Metamorphosis of Narcissus (Salvador Dali) (London)
Ophelia (John Everett Millais) (London)
The Mud Bath (David Bomberg) (London)
The Ypres Salient at Night (Paul Nash) (London)

Vatican City

The Creation of Adam (Michelangelo) (Sistine Chapel, Vatican City)

Former West Germany

Wanderer above the Sea of Fog (Caspar David Friedrich) (Hamburg)

Bear in mind there are many more famous paintings that were lost or destroyed during Doomsday.

But there are some good news about paintings that were able to survive Doomsday.

For instance since the city of Florence in Italy wasn't nuked, this means a lot of paintings there such as the famous The Birth of Venus survived. Plus some American paintings created by famous artists did survive elsewhere, for instance one of Jackson Pollock's paintings being the Blue Poles survived Doomsday for being displayed in Canberra and is still on display there.

And speaking of Doomsday, I can 100% see that art will changed greatly from that event. I mean art movement and art styles and so on have changed throughout history depending on the specific events on whatever time period. So I imagine that art would take a dark and grim tone due to what was going on in the aftermath of World War III. And of course with the current World War on Terror, I can see plenty of artists making paintings on terrorism and other horrific things going on.

This also means other lesser known artworks will be much more iconic in this timeline.

I brought this up before abut the Balangiga bells seized by the Americans in 1901 during the Philippine-American War. As of the 1980s, the Philippine government was still fighting for its return. One of the bells was placed at Camp Red Cloud in South Korea and the other at F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Since Cheyenne was targeted, one of the bells is unfortunately destroyed while the one in Camp Red Cloud remains abandoned and probably forgotten.

In our timeline, the bells were returned to the Philippines on December 11, 2018.
balangiga-bells-20180810_F399B749784640ED9EEE39D3704F5820.jpg

The bells in 1901 after seizure by the U.S. Army.
balangiga-bells_2018-12-04_10-26-56.jpg

One of the bells that was placed in F.E. Warren Air Force base (Cheyenne, WY) prior to return in OTL.
20181211-balangiga-bells-villamor-jc-5693.jpg

Return ceremony in OTL at Villamor Air Base in Manila on December 11, 2018.

Last edited:
Sicilian Air Force bombs the Greek city of Kerkira, located on the island of Corfu.

-ABC World News 24/7, January 12th, 2022

Fighting in southern Oregon is still occurring as violence between far-right groups and left-wing groups continue to occur especially in the counties of Klamath and Lake County.

-NCBS News 24/7, January 12th, 2022

Oyarzo is still on the run, he is still yet to be found! Already Interpol has declared him wanted worldwide and he is to be arrested for committing crime against humanity and terrorist acts.

Yesterday in the Paraguayan city of Villa Hayes, a 31 year old woman spotted someone very similar and identical to Oyarzo, only difference the woman claims the man had very bright blonde hair as if it was recently dyed. She also informed police that the man who she believes to be Oyarzo was driving a yellow 1967 Ford Econoline.

Interpol now currently believes that Oyarzo is currently hiding somewhere in the United American Republic, in which most believe he is probably hiding out somewhere in the provinces of Formosa, Chaco, or Salta.

-The Newcastle Herald, January 13th, 2022

“Grand Marshall our enemies are going to win against us, our days are getting numbered and it only a matter of time until they find and capture us.”

“I am very well aware of that Zhen.”

“Then what do you plan to do then Grand Marshall?”

“I’m going to tell you a big secret that must never leave this room as only fourteen of my most trustworthy men know about.”

“Alright then tell me.”

“For the past year our scientists have managed to discover something very useful for us and lethal.”

“A virus that mankind has never seen before.”

“A virus…?”

“Yes Zhen, you do recall how last year many of our people being usually the weak and elderly been dropping like flies from some nasty cough right?”

“Yeah I do remember, we had about 1,200 people die from that. But I was told it was just a case of tuberculosis.”

“Well that was a lie I created in order to prevent our population from knowing the full truth.”

“And that truth is exactly…?”

“As I said previously, a new deadly virus nobody has seen before in history.”

“Okay so what does this virus do exactly?”

“The symptoms of this virus that I’ve named “Yan Luo flu” are from what my scientists were able to tell me are…”

“Sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, nasty cough, shortness of breath, fever, fatigue, diarrhea, kidney failure, and a huge decrease in white blood cells.”

“Okay, so why is it called “Yan Luo”?”

“You don’t know anything about our ancient mythology Zhen?”

“No I do not.”

“Yan Luo is the Chinese god of death. He is a dharmapala which translates to “wrathful god”.”

“So what does Yan Luo do exactly in Chinese mythology, I take it he is somehow inspired or influenced by Buddhism right?”

“Yes he was entirely based on the Buddhist and Hindu god Yama. Which both are also deities of death.”

“Basically in our ancient mythology, Yan Luo would judge the dead and preside over the Narakas.”

“Narakas?”

“Narakas being places like Hell or Purgatory.”

“So your telling me Grand Marshall that you been allowing our own people to die to a new virus just to see how it can be of great use to us?”

“Yes obviously… I mean sacrifices must be made in order for our nation to succeed.”

“As one person once said, “Death of one person is a tragedy, while the deaths of a million is a statistic” and I have to entirely agree with that Zhen.”

“So what do you intend to do with the Yan Luo virus?”

“We will use it against our enemies of course.”

“So how many of our soldiers are sick with it?”

“300 from what one of my messengers told me two days ago. As of right now I know that number has risen to perhaps 400 or 500.”

“Very well sir…”

-Private conversation between the Grand Marshall of the Dragon State and Grand Commander Zhen Xuefang, January 14th, 2022

10 people in Zhuzhou, Huguang-Zhongyuan, have died from a mysterious illness.

-ABC World News 24/7, January 15th, 2022

2 men in Macau die from a strange sickness that gives people a nasty cough and fever.

-NBBC World News 24/7, January 15th, 2022

Taiwanese soldiers have witnessed a strange case of pneumonia in occupied parts of the Dragon State.

-The Japan Times, January 16th, 2022